If you are not yet living a more conscious life, now is the time to get started. I think that even if you are not a hardcore environmentalist, you know the importance of conservation and living naturally to help save Mother Earth. There are simple and convenient ways that even a lazy person can do to help out. All it takes really is for you to care enough. :)
Here are 5 Simple (and Convenient) Ways To Save Earth
- Recycle. You don't need to have an extensive recycling program. Start by simply recycling plastic and paper. Don't just throw them away. You will even get one amazing benefit for doing this, and that is, you will SAVE MONEY. I recycle and reuse plastics, boxes and papers. They may take up a bit of space in the house (because I have to find creative ways to reuse them), but I'm actually amazed at what I don't have to buy because I have kept some of those boxes or plastics.
- Use Eco Bags. It's a good thing that our country is trying to eliminate the use of plastics. It actually forces you to bring your own bags or eco bags. I mean I know it feels nice to have your newly bought items placed in those nice looking paper bags or plastic shopping bags. I'm guilty of this too, and sometimes it takes a bit of discipline in me to say no to the saleslady when she's putting my new expensive shirt in the bag. But honestly, as soon as I get home, those paper/plastic bags just end up in the trash or in the storage room. You'll just end up with boxes of those paper bags that are too nice to throw away. Using eco bags and refusing to get more of those paper bags from stores is already a big deal.
- Turn Things Off. If you're not using them, turn them off. Just turn them off. Don't waste energy. Don't waste gas. Don't waste water. Just don't waste. Save and save.
- Go Reusable. As simple as bringing your own water bottle to school or work, or to the gym instead of buying water in plastic bottles each time you feel thirsty already helps save our environment. Tell the server you don't need the plastic straw with your drink when you're at the restaurant. Or get your self those stainless steel straws if you must drink from a straw. Think ZERO WASTE.
- Use All-Natural Products. Yes, I think about the chemicals that go to our sea and the air. I think about ozone layers and climate change...sometimes. But I have started the process of changing the products we use at home from the commercialized, chemical-laden products to those natural/organic and safe for the environment ones, specially with my children. Or I think it's because of them that's why I go for the no chemicals, 100% natural ones. I used to think that it's more expensive to go all natural, but the difference in price is not that big, especially if there's a bigger, more important cause involved. And it's definitely not going to be expensive when I start using natural ingredients and doing my own products next time. :)
It takes time to make these things a habit. I mean my family is not 100 percent purely organic, all natural and all reusable yet. We are slowly transitioning, and I believe it is still better than doing nothing. So go ahead and start doing these five simple things at home. In the end, you won't even notice it but you are already doing a lot to save our precious Earth.